Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Welcome!

My name is Katie and I have recently started baking and decorating cakes. I had always been curious as to how the grocery stores got their frosting so smooth so I did a little research. Through my research I found out about fondant. I found a recipe and decided that I could give it a try; it didn't sound too hard. I would like to note I have had very bad experiences with baking and cooking prior to this. But I wanted to give a shot anyways.


And this is what I ended up with. This is my first ever fondant covered cake. I set aside a Sunday one weekend and decided to make myself a spotted cake. I went out and bought all the ingredients. I was making the fondant from scratch so I decided to do a boxed cake to save time. All and all the cake took me 8 hours total to finish. I had no idea what I was doing so I brought the lap top to the kitchen and watched youtube videos as I went. The biggest issue I faced then was the flour/corn starch all over my polka dots. It was a very nice experience for my first try and it encouraged me to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment