Monday, November 29, 2010

Kelsey's 14th Birthday Cake!

My cousin Kelsey was born on Thanksgiving 14 years ago. It was November 28th and I was 10. We were at my aunt Wendy and uncle Dave's house. Kelsey's family was not there of course because they were at the hospital awaiting her arrival. Kelsey requested that I make her a cake for her birthday and bring it to her on Thanksgiving.

I wanted to do a funky cake since 14 year olds are pretty easy to please and I have yet to do a real funky cake. Admittedly I got lazy with this cake. I carved it and it looked like an upside down pyramid. It may not look like it in these pictures but it has really steep sides. I had forgotten how to make nice looking bows so I had to watch my old trusty Youtube videos. It was a pretty fun cake before it cracked down the middle after the 2 hour car drive :(

No comments:

Post a Comment