Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Ashley's Birthday Cake

My best friend since I was 5, Ashley, is celebrating her 25th birthday this week. I headed back home this past weekend so I decided I would make her a cake and bring it to her a bit early. I wanted to make something very special for her and had a ton of ideas running through my mind. I went to the Pink Cake box website as I do everyday and saw this cake. The top tier caught my eye and I thought that it was something she would really like. I did my cousin's cake this weekend too so I needed something pretty simple so I could finish both.

I made the cake Friday night. I asked Ashley her favorite flavor and like many she said chocolate but she also said she liked any kind so I decided to mix it up a bit. I made her a White Almond Sour Cream cake with buttercream frosting. She is one person who I knew that would appreciate a cake with a less than normal name. I handed it off to her and she loved it and texted me later that night to tell me it was delicious! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment