Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Bows and Numbers

Yesterday I started working on the cake for my cousin Chloe birthday party this Sunday. I have never made numbers out of fondant so I wanted to make sure I had plenty of time. I was making the numbers and went to get wax paper to set them on to dry and I found the box empty besides for this tiny strip. The process of making them went very fast and I am pleased with the outcome. I am quite concerned on how I am going to get the 8 to stand up on the cake, but I will deal with that later. Best thing about this was that I got to used left over fondant from my last cake. It is always nice to reuse!



I also started to make the bow I will be wrapping around the top layer of the cake. It turned out bad several times and I am not completely happy with the final outcome, but then again, this is not a good picture. Since I ran out of wax paper, I let it dry on tin foil, probably not a good idea, but oh well.....

No comments:

Post a Comment