Friday, October 14, 2011

1st Diaper Cake

So my mom's neighbor Joan asked if I could make a baby shower cake for her grand daughter. Of course I would! I got an invite to the shower as well and decided I wanted to make a diaper cake as her present to kind of match the actual cake. I have been wanting to make a diaper cake for a long time so I was happy I found an opportunity.
 The theme that I was given was frogs, turtles and dragonflies. So I found some baby stuff that went with that theme and found some other things at Hobby Lobby to decorate with cake with.
Let me tell you, diaper cakes are a breeze. After making real cake this last year and a half, diaper cake are so simple. It took me maybe 2 hours to make it. It looks alright. I wanted to do more but I couldn't find anything else I liked and it was getting too expensive so I think this will be the final product :)

2 comments: