Friday, October 14, 2011

1st Wedding Cake

My cousin Tina has been asking me since Christmas if I would make her wedding cake for September 17th of this year. So I said yes. Her wedding was Royal blue and silver with stars so the cake ended up being Royal Blue with silver stars.

The cake was 3 tiers to feed 150 people. Oh man, was there a lot left over! I learned that if there are 150 people that doesn't mean that they will all eat cake. 
 The top and bottom tiers were white and the middle was chocolate. It was iced with vanilla butter cream and covered in blue fondant.

I made the cake stand for the cake specifically. I took 8 glass blocks and covered the unfinished side with blue and silver ribbon to match the cake. I then put Christmas lights inside to light it up nicely. I thought it looked really good and made the cake look more grand.
 I get to make my aunt's weding cake for next moth, that should be a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment